Deciding on which car to buy is now made easy with CarBase.my! Make the right decision with our detailed specs, expert and user reviews and more.
We are updating our database on a daily basis. If you spot an error or notice missing information, please let us know here. You can also view our FAQ here.
Always fun to drive, with sporty performance & handling; a real pocket rocket ! Car is used around town & for the school run with the occasional blast along the highways. It is also the preferred ride for the missus.
Comfortable & refined cruiser at legal speeds on motorways with the punch to safely overtake when the need arises. Engine hums in the background when using the cruise control.
Good petrol consumption
High tech: Super charged & turbocharged engine with a 7 speed DSG.
Sporty but comfortable tartan seats at the front. Solid build & high quality paintwork
Low road tax.
Some turbo lag when accelerating hard
Hard suspension but ride improved when tyres were changed to Continentals
Rear passenger & boot space limited
DSG sometimes hunts for the right gear especially driving up on slight inclines
A bit more space for the rear passengers & boot.
More low down torque to minimise any turbo lag.
1. Best handling in B segment
2. Best throttle & pickup in B segment
3. Hard supension for handling corners and curvy roads at high speed. Feel stable even at 180km/h speed highway.
4. Traditional street race car driving experience - Conventional hand brake, accurate steering, meant for men who love to drive with style. You can't get this experience from Jap cars, even cars like Civic will go in shame in comparison (despite the price diff of course).
5. Good fuel economy if you ride at 80kmh~110kmh (14km/L) without hard stepping the pedal.
1. the legendary DSG dry clutch is a nightmare to deal with (1 Mecatronics replaced, 1 clutch to be replaced within 4 yrs usage)
2. High usage of Motor Oil - Need to add 1L of fully synthetic motor oil every 5000km usage.
3. Hard suspension - feel like 4W4 in car and do not overfeed yourself unless you wanna vomit.
4. Space utilization is awful - WORST compartment & boot in B segment, I think the boot capacity is only 200+L, half of Honda Jazz.
5. So so audio performance - lousy audio system and speaker for the price.
6. DO NOT USE RON95. It is not meant for it.
as mentioned in cons.
Yes, I would recommend this car
Date Reviewed 2 January 2015
Ride & Handling
Bought new, Owned for 1 Year
RON95, Mileage: 450 km/month
Powerful German hot pocket rocket - you'll be addicted on flooring the pedal.
Good fuel consumption for a performance car.
Very solid built
Very comfortable sport seat
Brake is a little weak on high speed
Engine sound abit more noisy when using Ron95.
Steering is much more heavier than i expected when stationary, makes parking abit harder
no bluetooth connectivity
have bluetooth connectivity
CarBase.my is a one-stop car buyer's guide run by the paultan.org Automotive Network, with an extensive database of new cars on sale in Malaysia. You’ll find prices, specifications, warranty details, high-resolution photos, expert and user reviews, and so much more – packaged in a user-friendly, intuitive layout that is easy to read.
Stay up to date with CarBase.my by following us at: