Deciding on which car to buy is now made easy with CarBase.my! Make the right decision with our detailed specs, expert and user reviews and more.
We are updating our database on a daily basis. If you spot an error or notice missing information, please let us know here. You can also view our FAQ here.
- Handling is sharp (in Sports mode) and does drive well over less than perfect roads and soaks up potholes pretty well for a car with such a short wheelbase.
- Sharp styling with a rather driver orientated dashboard layout
- Perfectly sized for city driving
- Reasonable sized boot for the occasional ferrying of items.
- IMA motor does a decent job to propel the car during low speed driving in the city without much hassle
- Quarter Rear view is badly obstructed due to steep slope design for the rear quarter glass (basically the size of a slice of a pizza) as well as the sloping rear hatch.
- Fuel consumption is slightly higher compared to it's peers, namely the Civic hybrid which coincidentally carries the same 1.5 lump.
- CVT drone is quite loud upon full throttle
- Soundproofing is on the poor side (probably to make do with weight saving properties)
- Back seats are utterly useless
- The car has a chassis with lots of potential however could do with a more powerful engine for a more engaging drive.
- A/C turns into fan only mode during auto stop periods.
- A more powerful engine would have been preferred for a car of this looks and chassis.
- Aircond compressor should be of the electric type as the Civic Hybrid for the price we are paying. (to eliminate cool air loss during auto stop periods)
- An updated sound system unit with bluetooth capabilities similar to the models offered overseas.
- A panoramic roof would be perfect and should be offered as a standard item.
-Huge gaping grille, hunkered stance, wide and squat rear - looks like a concept car on the road.
-Ever wondered how it would feel to pilot the Millennium Falcon? Go behind the driver's seat and have a look at the dashboard, preferably at night.
-Big space and comfortable semi buckets in the front that can accommodate 'big sized' adults.
-Nice, meaty steering. Can do with more feel, but very direct.
-Good balance of comfort and sportiness in the standard suspension set up. Not too hard, not too soft, good enough for daily use.
-Grunty low end that works well in city traffic. Good, strong pull when accelerating.
-Battery assist works more as a performance enhancer than fuel saver.
-Fold the useless rear seats down and you get yourself a mini shooting brake aka wagon!
-Full suite of safety features for peace of mind.
-If you're looking for a sporty looking car with sporty-ish performance, this is it. If you're looking for an out and out sports car, look elsewhere.
-Useless rear seats.
-A bit nose heavy.
-Rear end can go light when driving aggressively.
-No spare tire.
-No bluetooth connectivity.
-Limited rear view and HUGE blindspots in the rear!
-While the standard sound system sounds decent, the head unit, its functions and connectivity options looks like it came from the 90s.
-Periodic maintenance interval is too close (every 3 months or 5000km) - every 6 months or 10000km would be much better.
-Better interior packaging - take a look at the Veloster, Honda.
-Make a reverse cam as standard if the rear view is as limited as this.
-Battery performance is affected in hot weather i.e afternoons - design better cooling for the battery.
-Make the periodic maintenance interval longer - every 6 months or 10,000km or maybe even more.
-Could do with a bit more sound insulation as standard, especially for the front bonnet.
Nice Interior Design (love the main dashboard and the red and black contrast on the doors)
Handling is good
Throttle and steering response on Sports Mode is good and makes for fun driving
Engine is quiet
Fuel economy is decent (Great if compared with my other car, 2.6 liter)
Rear boot space is big for a car this size
Blind spots/Rear visibility (Makes reversing a little stressful)
Service Intervals is too fast (5,000km or 3 months) Not feasible if used as 2nd car
Expensive parts (Import from Japan)
Auto stop feature is irritating when in traffic
Looks fast, feels fast but actually not that fast. (considering this is the "heir" to the CRX mantle)
Getting in and out of the car will be a slight problem for tall people
Option to disable auto-stop
Increase service intervals to 10km
Door Auto lock instead of manual
10-20HP increase would be nice without compromise on the handling
- Sporty exterior design
- Interior trim is sporty as well, and nice speedo meter
- Handling is good, given its small size
- One of the best fuel consumption for a coupe, and affordable coupe available in market brand new (during tax incentive)
- boot space could be limited especially if getting some bulky items
- S+ button feels good, but only last approximately 10 seconds you'll run dry the battery
- 5000km service internal kinda fast, should have at least 10,000km interval such as Civic/City, not to mentioned its CBU from Japan
- bigger rim size (eg. 17 which Indo is getting) should further improve stability
- an option to disable the auto start/stop function will be nice, as some other car have this option button for owner to choose
Good handling (not to worry when throwing it at corners)
Good throttle response on sports mode
Paddle shift goes on manual when on sports mode and works well for improved control
Decent fuel economy
Futuristic interior and exterior
More to digital instead of analog
IMA battery adheres to the American Emission Warranty at 15 years and 240,000 km (warranty 8 years though).
Back seats are not meant for adults who are above average in size (only suitable for short distances)
Rear visibility is distorted
5000km service interval should be a thing of the pastm as even the new Honda City has 10000km interval
Subwoofer and Bluetooth should come as an option for the car which is available in other markets.
Rear seats room space could be made.
Sport car styling
Reasonable comfort ride
Easy to maneuver
Reasonable ground clearance (not too low)
Futuristic digital speedometer
Smooth engine and transmission
Cold auto air-cond
Red stitches on steering wheel
Good power, but not powerful enough for the sport car-like look
Poor rearward visibility
Average sound system (poor for my picky ears)
Heavy doors, especially when open from inside
First and most importantly, improve the power. Power is what most of the prospective buyer looking for, beside look and handling.
Improve rearward visibility. This is important for city driving.
Improve sound system.
slickest two door sport car with hybrid capability
sport mode really awesome
air flight style meter cluster
comfort front seat
behind seat not for adults.
no air cord during auto stop.
not able to save petrol compare with other Honda Hybrid car.
service interval from 5,000 to 10,000.
auto door lock have to be as option.
service center agents may need to upgrade their communication skills as owner deserve to understand their car issue more rather than just say " it is normal, no harm to the car"
CarBase.my is a one-stop car buyer's guide run by the paultan.org Automotive Network, with an extensive database of new cars on sale in Malaysia. You’ll find prices, specifications, warranty details, high-resolution photos, expert and user reviews, and so much more – packaged in a user-friendly, intuitive layout that is easy to read.
Stay up to date with CarBase.my by following us at: